Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Opposites?

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be" - The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky

The first time I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower I don't think that this quote made much sense to me. Surely it is not possible to be both happy and sad at the same time. Surely two opposite emotions cannot exist together. Of course there are moments of happiness within your sadness, or moments of sadness within your happiness. But in these instances the two emotions do not actually exist together, one simply gives way to the other for a while.

But now I completely understand it. For I am both happy and sad, and somehow neither, all at the same time. 

Love Always, 
Freya


No comments:

Post a Comment