Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Ellie Goulding

First of all, I want to say sorry that I haven't written for a while, I have just been so insanely busy that I really haven't had a spare minute to sit down and write a blog post. Anyway...



Last night I went to see an Ellie Goulding concert with a few of my friends. If you read this post then you might remember me saying that I don't particularly like concerts, but after last night my opinion has definitely been changed. It was such an amazing night!

The concert was at the O2 arena in London, which is huge. We got there quite early, so we had plenty of time to get a nice meal in one of the many restaurants. We then went into the sky lounge, which you get to go into for free if you are a sky customer. You get given wristbands, and walk up a red carpet to get there, and you also get a picture taken of you and your friends, so it is really cool. There is also a bar there, so we could get some drinks, and it is literally right behind the stage. 

We then went and found our seats, which were really good, and waited for the support act to come on. And then it was time for Ellie Goulding!

She was amazing! It was such a brilliant concert, and she can really sing - some artists don't sound very good live, but that isn't the case with Ellie Goulding. I really liked the fact that she sung quite a few of her old songs, like 'The Writer', and 'Your Song' (an Elton John cover which I absolutely love), as well as her new songs. 'Your Song' was probably my favourite because it was so nice how everyone sang along for the entire song, not just the chorus. I really loved 'Burn' as well though... well actually, I loved all of them!

She seemed really genuinely grateful whenever everyone was cheering etc., which I thought was really nice. And she was also pretty awesome when she got everyone to dance near the end, and she said that she can't really dance, and stuff. It was all just so much fun!

It was a really fantastic night, and I would definitely recommend going to see her if you ever get the chance!

Freya x

5 comments:

  1. That sounds really fun!! I love Ellie Goulding too :) I'm pretty much obsessed with The Writer and My Blood right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with the writer too at the moment!

      Delete
  2. Oops nevermind I got it. Just ignore that last post hehe :)

    ReplyDelete