Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Little Trip To York

On Friday I went up to York for a University visit day. It wasn't until Saturday afternoon, so that meant that I had some time to look around York on Friday evening and Saturday morning. It is a gorgeous city - I forgot to bring my camera though, so I don't have any photos - and I had a really nice time. I was cold though - it is up North after all - so I ended up consuming far too many Hot Chocolates, and Chai Lattes as well, and not forgetting some good, strong Yorkshire Tea - so basically a lot of Hot Drinks.

When we arrived on Friday it was about 4pm and it was pouring with rain, so we quickly got on a bus to our hotel. Fortunately it stopped raining around 6, so we could go out and get some dinner. Of course it started raining again, so we quickly ducked out of the rain and into Prezzo, where I had a delicious dinner of Bruschetta, Pizza and Raspberry Cheesecake. Yum. 
The next day we decided that rather than eating breakfast in the hotel we would go out and find somewhere for breakfast, since thankfully it wasn't raining. So I had a huge breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and hot chocolate, and I thought I wouldn't be able to eat again all day. I did manage a ham and cheese panini by lunch time though. We spent the rest of the morning wandering around the city and doing a bit of shopping. Then we went to the university were we were shown around and told about the course etc.


It was then time to head home, so we collected our bag and started the 4 hour journey home. It wasn't such a bad journey since I had Starbucks and the Company Paris issue to keep me occupied. I do really want to go to Paris after reading that though. And to start dressing like one of those effortlessly-cool French girls. Don't be surprised if you see me walking round in a beret some time soon. 

Freya x

No comments:

Post a Comment