Friday, July 20, 2012

A week in the life of me, day 3

Today didn't get off to a great start: I was woken up at 7 by my brothers (who still have school) singing, shouting and kicking footballs at my door. Now let me tell you I am not a morning person, so I was not at all happy about this, but getting out of my warm, cosy bed to shout at them was just too much effort. Despite my early start to the day I didn't really do much until about 11 when my cousin 'E' came over (the one I went to see the olympic torch with), unless you count answering the door to a man come to pick up my dads car whilst in my pyjamas with horrible bed hair! When E came round we went on the trampoline for about 5 minutes, before deciding it was too cold and going inside to play on the Wii. The sun came out in a bit though, so we swiveled the TV round and played Just Dance on my balcony. We got a few strange looks for that!

We decided that since it was her first day of summer we needed to go over to the beach, so off we went with the intention of just sticking our toes into the sea. When we got over there however we thought that although the sea was freezing it would be a much better idea to see how far along the brake-water (/groynes?) we could walk... maybe not! We weren't planning on getting very wet but I might as well have gone swimming my clothes were that wet. You see when we were walking along we had forgotten about these things called waves... Also at one point (we didn't go out very far though) we had to step down, and since E is taller I let her go ahead to see if it carried on or not, not realising that there wasn't anything on the other side. So I ended up hanging onto a post trying not to fall into the water, meaning I was now dripping wet and covered in green gunk! We must have looked pretty strange walking back, considering there was absolutely no-one swimming! After that we dried off, got some lunch and then went to play a bit of tennis in my back garden. We are not much good, so most of the time was spent getting the ball out of various bushes. We had fun making those grunting noises tennis players make and wierding out my neighbours though!

We didn't really do much after that, just watched TV really until my brothers came home from school and we went to play some family cricket... great (sarcasm). It wasn't too bad until my little brother did his usual of going off in a mood when he got out. So that was pretty much my day, apart from some more TV watching (I know I watch far too much). I am now going to go and watch step up because I love the second one and have also seen the third, but never the first one.

I hope you are having a good summer so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment