Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

How to fool people into thinking you are an amazing cook

The other day my cousin and my little brother were being really really loud, so I decided that to quieten them down I would do some baking with them. We decided to make cupcakes, and my cousin was really impressed b the fact that I know how to make cupcakes off by heart. So I thought that I would share with you guys a cupcake recipe that is really easy to remember so that you too can make people think that you are a brilliant cook who doesn't even need a recipe book.

Ingredients:
3 Eggs (This varies depending on how many cupcakes you want to make and the size of your eggs)
Self raising flour
Caster Sugar
Butter
Weigh the eggs and then use the same weight of all of the other ingredients: (e.g. if your eggs weigh 8oz use 8oz of flour etc.)
And a Teaspoon of vanilla extract

Method:
First cream the butter and sugar, and then add in all of the other ingredients and whisk until mixed in.
Put into cupcake cases and bake at 180⁰C for 10 - 15 minutes. The cakes should spring back when you touch them, and a skewer should come out clean.


Leave them to cool, and then you can have fun icing and decorating them! We chose to decorate ours with vanilla butter-cream icing (which we coloured green, yellow and pink) topped with mini marshmallows, mini eggs and chocolate chips. Yum!


Freya x

2 comments: