Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Favourites: Divergent

So, Friday Favourites has been away for a couple of weeks, but this week it is back, and the thing that I have been loving this week is Divergent by Veronica Roth. I got this book for Christmas, but didn't start reading it til Monday, and I finished it today (pretty good timing right?). Fortunately I also got the second book for Christmas, as Divergent was brilliant and I really want to find out what happens next.

Divergent is about a 16 year old girl named Beatrice. The city she lives in is divided into 5 factions, and at the age of 16 everyone must choose which faction they wish to belong to - they can stay in their current faction or transfer to a different faction. But before they can become full faction members they must complete initiation, failure to complete this will leave Beatrice factionless. So she must compete against the other initiates in her chosen faction, and of course there is more to the story than that - a dangerous secret which she cannot let anyone discover.

As I already mentioned I really enjoyed this book. If you like the Hunger Games books then I think you will definitely enjoy it too. Also the film is coming out this year, so if you are going to watch that you should really read the book first. I am a firm believer that you have to read the book first.

Freya x

No comments:

Post a Comment