Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

The awkwardness of buses

Getting on a bus to somewhere you have never been before (or at least have never got a bus to before) is one of the most nerve-wracking experiences. You see trains are ok because they actually announce the stop when it is coming up, and you don't have to push a button for it to stop. Because if you are going somewhere you don't know very well on a bus, you may think it is your stop, push the button, and then realize that it isn't your stop. You then have to get off the bus at this random stop, and hope you can find the way. Well if you are as awkward as me and my friend you do. We could probably have just explained to the driver that we had thought this was our stop but actually it wasn't. But that would be far too embarrassing.

Luckily we had only got off one stop too early, so we didn't have far to walk. It was very funny though, I don't think I have laughed that hard in ages!

Freya x

2 comments:

  1. Buses are incredibly awkward, especially when you dislike being around people that you don't know as much as I do ;) I had to get a bus last year and it was pouring with rain and I couldnt find the right bus stop and it was utterly miserable. Me and my friend just wanted to cry when we finally got on the bus, but there was only one other person on the bus and he kept telling really bad jokes and we had to keep pretending to laugh. Needless to say, Ive not been on a bus since ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds horrible! I hate it when the people on the bus try to talk to you :) I don't blame you for not going a bus since! :)

      Delete