Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

"I go to seek a great perhaps"

"I go to seek a great perhaps" - the last words of a poet named Francois Rabelais as written in the book Looking for Alaska.

In the book the main character, Miles, wants to go to boarding school so that he doesn't have to wait until he dies to start seeking a great perhaps. And I was thinking that I would like to find my Great Perhaps. So I finally decided once and for all that I am going to go to University in America. Once I had decided this I finally stopped feeling scared about University, and started to feel excited (although a little scared still of course, but good scared).

I will have to take the SATs and because I am hoping to get a scholarship for part of the tuition fees I will have to work really hard, but I know that I want to do this so I don't mind. I know that I want to experience a new culture and be completely away from everything I know for a while. It feels great to finally know what I want to do after school (even though I still don't know which university I wan't to go to), because for so long all I have felt when someone mentions University is panic and uncertainty.

Freya x

No comments:

Post a Comment