Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

End of exams

I had my last exam yesterday! I am so glad that exams are over and I no longer have to spend all of my time stuck inside revising. I finally have time to catch up on all of the unwatched YouTube videos in my subscription feed, and to blog, and finish all the half written posts in my drafts. 

Since all of my friends have finished exams as well we had a little celebration yesterday - for the end of exams and my birthday, since I will be in Germany on my actual birthday. 

We spent the afternoon at the beach, and luckily the weather decided to cooperate for once. I live at the beach, but the beach by my house is stony so we decided to go to the sandy beach which is about a 15 minute drive. It is usually packed, but since most people were in school etc it was really nice and quiet. We had a lovely afternoon lying in the sun and chatting, and the sea was actually quite warm. 

After we were done at the beach, we drove back to my house to have some dinner and watch a movie. It was a really nice way to celebrate.

Tonight I had another celebration with my family, for both my birthday and my mum's birthday. All of my aunt's and uncles and cousins came, and it was really nice to see them all. I also tried haloumi for the first time (I didn't even know what it was before today), and it is definitely my new favourite thing! 

I have had a pretty great start to my summer holidays so far! Tomorrow won't be nearly as much fun though - it will be spent packing, since I leave for Germany on Monday morning (a bit last minute I know...). 

Freya x 

4 comments:

  1. What's haloumi? And school's out for me too!! :D Also, spending your birthday in Germany sounds awesome :) Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a kind of cheese :) I thought it was some sort of spicy sauce or something! Haha
      Yay for no more school!!!!

      Delete