Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Looking Back

I have had this blog for over a year now, and I was randomly wondering how much I have changed since my first ever post (which was in may 2012). So I had a look at it, and surprisingly not much has really changed.

I mean I am no longer obsessed with reading fanfiction or glee. But I am pretty sure that I have new TV show obsessions to replace that.

The other thing that I noticed was that in that first ever post I was worrying about choosing my A-level options. That is pretty similar to right now, in that I am now choosing which universities to apply to. I have pretty much chosen, but I still do this thing where I will keep changing my mind right up until the last minute. And then in the end I will choose what I chose in the first place. I don't know why that is, I am just really bad at making decisions. I am always scared that I will make the wrong ones.

Something that has changed since then is that I thought that I had to have my whole life figured out. Now I have decided what degree I want to do, but beyond that I have no idea. And that is okay. I don't have to decide everything now, because even if I do I will probably change mind by the time that time comes anyway.

Similarly to that first post, I am going to leave you with a quote from my favourite book:

"You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present" - Looking for Alaska by John Green


1 comment:

  1. Hi Freya,
    Just dropping by to say thanks for registering at Teenage Blogger Central :)

    ReplyDelete